TechyGaming

TechyGaming

Owner
Developer
Topics
IGN
TechyGaming

Hey Gamers!

Today I present you with an epic forums security update!

I won't bore you with a massive paragraph full of useless updates, but here I have outlined a few important security updates that will benefit everyone:

• Google reCAPTCHA Integration: We have implemented Google's reCAPTCHA v2 into our registration page. This means that all new accounts will be required to solve a short puzzle before creating an account to ensure that there are no malicious attacks on our site. The box should show up just under the registration fields and as soon as you have solved it, you won't have anymore issues!
  • Email Login: We have also changed our login type to email. This means that whenever you log into your account you will now be asked for your email, not your Minecraft username. This improves security as your Minecraft username is known by everyone, whereas your email is known by a few less people! This is also a more efficient system as if you change your Minecraft username, you won't have to remember your previous name at the time of account creation!

These are the 2 main points, but there are many more! Enjoy this small security update, and stay safe!

Thanks,
TechyGaming

Owner, Developer, and Builder on the TechCraft Network
Server IP: techcraftmc.com
Discord: techcraftmc.com/discord
Twitter: twitter.com/TechCraftMC

TechyGaming · 27 days ago · Last edited: 18 days ago